Who I am...

A mom who is trying to inspire creativity in her children, provide fun and nutritious meals that are out of the ordinary extraordinary, creating minimal waste and maximum taste in a little tiny space

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

just a little offshoot of my main blog to showcase our bento lunches and the bentos of others that I find especially remarkable or extremely tasty

Coming soon to a blog near you!

My three girls and I will be creating bento style lunches to take to our weekly co-op meetings. As we create, we will share them with you, and hopefully inspire others to try this fun way of packing lunches. If you have never heard of bento, here are a few links to get you started!

Lunch in a Box

Make Healthy Lunches More Appealing

Lunch Bucket Bento

Laptop Lunches

Bento Box Recipes

Bento Lunch

We will be doing a mix of American style and Asian style lunches. My first experience with bento lunches was when my parents were watching a little Korean boy whose mommy always packed him the sweetest little lunches, and she taught me how to make her special rice balls. Ever since them I have been enchanted by these unique and tasty meals, and want my children to remember their packed lunches as being special and created from the heart just for them!

Another great place to look for inspiration to create your own bento-style lunch is on flickr:

0 comments:

Post a Comment