Who I am...

A mom who is trying to inspire creativity in her children, provide fun and nutritious meals that are out of the ordinary extraordinary, creating minimal waste and maximum taste in a little tiny space

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

just a little offshoot of my main blog to showcase our bento lunches and the bentos of others that I find especially remarkable or extremely tasty

Last Thursday's Lunch

Because I am lame and slow! But hey, at least I am posting before I make tomorrow's lunch!!

Weekly Bento 9-18-08

This week I used a recipe from another bento blog for corn dog muffins. They were quite tasty, but I definitely prefer them warm. Super simple to make, and I have another batch made up in the freezer to defrost in a few weeks. Would probably be really tasty alongside chunky chicken noodle soup!

Weekly Bento 9-18-08

Once again, the girls requested molded eggs. I made them the night before, but I guess I need to leave them in the molds if I am going to do that because they lost a lot of their shape overnight. Still tasted quite yummy though! We also had diced up nectarines, grape tomatoes, cherry jello with fruit in it, carrots, grapes, cut up cheese, and mini-shortbread cookies. Ainsley and Melody ate all of their lunch except the jello because I forgot to pack spoons! They ate the last tidbits at home after school. Liberty didn't eat much because she came down with an ear infection during school and spent lunch time laying down in my lap. Oh, and my lunch had the very last lava cupcake, the girls had eaten theirs at dinner the night before. Yum yum.

Weekly Bento 9-18-08
We got our shipment from Ichiban Kan which had the egg molds as well as the cute picks. The girls requested their bunny bento boxes this week again, but tomorrow I am going to try out some of the new boxes.

Weekly Bento 9-18-08
Every mom raves about the cute lunches the girls get to eat, and everyone asks me where we found the boxes, etc. I need to print out cards or something! Maybe we get more attention because it is a co-op. It would be great if we could encourage others to reduce the amount of waste in the packaging of the kids lunches!

I can tell my girls are really latching on the the idea of reducing the waste also. I sent little bottles with spill-proof lids full of apple juice that I had frozen the night before to serve double duty as lunch drinks and cold packs. Melody saved her lid but threw the bottle away (I have extra, but I had planned to reuse them!). Her sisters practically tore her head off for throwing away something from her lunch! I think we need to work on our approach a bit!

Still trying to decide what to pack tomorrow, but it will definitely include meatballs. I posted the recipe on my other blog

2 comments:

  1. ninjapoodles said...
     

    Are you putting Fruit Fresh or anything on your sliced fruit? I have been, but I wonder how well it would do without.

    You're doing such a great job with these!

  2. Unknown said...
     

    I haven't on the nectarines or grapes or oranges. I would do a lemon juice and water mixture on bananas and apples, anything that has a tendency to discolor.

Post a Comment