Who I am...

A mom who is trying to inspire creativity in her children, provide fun and nutritious meals that are out of the ordinary extraordinary, creating minimal waste and maximum taste in a little tiny space

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

just a little offshoot of my main blog to showcase our bento lunches and the bentos of others that I find especially remarkable or extremely tasty

Second Bento, 2 days in a row!

Well, we were heading off to a little field trip at the local nature center, so I figured it was a good chance to pack up a second bento this morning! Similar to the first in some ways, but enough different that the girls didn't mind a bit.

second bento

This time, the bottom layer was rice, leftover rotisserie chicken reheated with teriyaki sauce, and steamed veggies. The top had feta cheese and animal cookies along with the same fruit as yesterday. Its truly amazing, veggies my kids normally won't touch (squash really was the only one!) were eaten without complaint. Though my middle child still wouldn't eat the minuscule red peppers!

I am learning what fits where, and how to squeeze in a few more bites of food here and there. What fun! I am thoroughly enjoying my new hobby, and can't wait til next Thursday to pack another lunch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment