Who I am...

A mom who is trying to inspire creativity in her children, provide fun and nutritious meals that are out of the ordinary extraordinary, creating minimal waste and maximum taste in a little tiny space

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

just a little offshoot of my main blog to showcase our bento lunches and the bentos of others that I find especially remarkable or extremely tasty

My very first bento making adventure!

first bento

We had our second week of co-op, and I was amazed by the amount of waste created from just a few more than 30 families in one day of lunch. My mind reeled multiplying that amount by all the children in all the schools around the nation. Wow. So I decided that I was going to do my part to minimize the waste our family creates during a school lunch, and have some fun in the process. Our first attempt was a complete success! The girls LOVED their special lunches. Several moms commented about them and asked about where we got our bento boxes (the local asian market!) And everything was gobbled up! And nobody went hungry. In the next few weeks, I am going to have to sort out how to do their snack as well, as we have been taking granola bars until our stash runs out. We will probably make some in our food deydrator, as we've tried that before and the results were quite tasty.

first bento

Our bentos were filled with hard-boiled eggs, grapes, oranges, raisins, wheat thins, pita bread, applesauce, cheese, carrots, edamame, and granola. Its amazing how much food can be packed into these tiny seeming containers!

first bento

0 comments:

Post a Comment