Who I am...

A mom who is trying to inspire creativity in her children, provide fun and nutritious meals that are out of the ordinary extraordinary, creating minimal waste and maximum taste in a little tiny space

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

just a little offshoot of my main blog to showcase our bento lunches and the bentos of others that I find especially remarkable or extremely tasty

Its a crazy week around these parts

And I have rarely had a moment to sit still, much less to edit pictures and update my blog! And I am about to run out the door for a birthday party for my youngest, but I have about 5 seconds to actually write up my blog while I have a print job running, hooray :)


Weekly Bento

So let's see . . . last week we had bentos in a one tier box from whatever was lying around the house. Some Jonathan apple slices soaked in a bit of lemon juice in water with peanut butter in the little fish containers, tortilla rolls with Neufchâtel cheese and ham slices, ritz crackers, and yogurt covered craisins (in my personal opinion, yuck! way too sweet!) were in the girls' bentos. Melody also had raisins in a little box that I keep refilling from the big bag of organic raisins. They had side containers with pretzels, organic animal crackers, and mini Reese's pieces. Oh, and they had the last of the mini containers of candies from the Asian market.

Weekly Bento

Everything was gobbled up, and nobody complained about anything this week. Their snacks were a bit too large, and they actually ate them with their lunches. They had large containers of apple juice this week along with their water, and no one finished, partially because the large bottles took too long to defrost, and partially because it was just too much to drink. They worked nicely as icepacks though, and then the girls had leftover juice to drink on the way home. So I am not sure if I will stick with the large bottles, or go back to the tiny ones.

Weekly Bento

Kevin and I had identical bentos: salami sandwiches, the same pretzel mix and threw in a few craisins into his lunch, and half an apple each that had been dipped in lemon juice. My husband decided the lemon juice was too strong for his taste, but I think it might have been the apple itself that was a bit too tart. We also had diet pepsi because we were out of coke zero, and it just is not the same!

Weekly Bento

I still have no idea what I am making for lunch this week, but we will have two bentos because we have a field trip to the pumpkin patch on Friday! Maybe I will try to have a cute fall theme for the trip to the pumpkin patch. The bentos have to be peanut and tree-nut product free, which normally isn't a problem, but probably will frustrate me just because I know it is a limitation! Sunbutter is okay though, so I will probably stick with that :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment