Who I am...

A mom who is trying to inspire creativity in her children, provide fun and nutritious meals that are out of the ordinary extraordinary, creating minimal waste and maximum taste in a little tiny space

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

just a little offshoot of my main blog to showcase our bento lunches and the bentos of others that I find especially remarkable or extremely tasty

October already!

Well, this was our first lunch of October, and I suppose I should have gone with a more autumn-y theme, but it was a very busy morning, and we barely made it out the door in time as it was! We were having a potluck for the parents at co-op, so I only needed to make four bentos and a blueberry french toast casserole to share for the potluck. The casserole was assembled the night before and left in the fridge overnight, so I just had to pop it into the oven in the morning.

October 2, 2008

My husband really wanted a sandwich, so he had roast beef and marbled cheddar on wheat, 2 eggs (because I used 12 out of eighteen in the french toast casserole, and hard boiled the rest of the six in the morning!), cheese cubes, and frozen peas. He really, really likes peas, and was quite pleasantly surprised to find them in his lunch last week. I really don't like canned peas a bit, but thought I would try these sweet frozen peas instead. Peas really aren't my favorite still, but these were at least edible!

October 2, 2008

The girls had mini bagels and Neufchâtel cream cheese, organic cherry granola, vanilla yogurt, frozen peas and lil' smokies, cubed marbled cheddar with a ring shaped food pick, and half a molded hard-boiled egg. Oh, and chocolate Hello Panda cookies for dessert, with mini boxed candies in the skinny top compartment of their bentos. Ainsley and Liberty also had a side container with pretzels for snack, Melody is sharing snack with the class every week.

October 2, 2008

The press and seal worked well to keep the yogurt in the silicone cups (you can see it in the top left green bento). Everything was gobbled up by the girls and the husband. A few crumbs of granola were left over, and Liberty didn't like her cheese cubes very much. But even the lil' smokies were eaten without ketchup (which I forgot to add!) by all three girls, even though they thought they wouldn't like them!

Yet another successful week of bento for our family. and I pretty sure the girls would be really disappointed if I ever went back to packing lunched the old way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment