Who I am...

A mom who is trying to inspire creativity in her children, provide fun and nutritious meals that are out of the ordinary extraordinary, creating minimal waste and maximum taste in a little tiny space

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

just a little offshoot of my main blog to showcase our bento lunches and the bentos of others that I find especially remarkable or extremely tasty

Nearly Halloween Bento

The girls got to wear costumes to school yesterday and they were thrilled, but it meant that I needed to be extra speedy this morning making lunches. And it was cold, so everyone also needed a hot breakfast (thank goodness for organic oatmeal packets from Costco! I used to make up indivual packets of ready to add water to oatmeal, why did I stop? Might have to do that again when we run out of this box of oatmeal, in something less wasteful than ziplock baggies. How's that for stream of consciousness blogging?)

Weekly Bento, October 30th

Anyway, on to the speedy bentos. One thing I was sharing with a mom at co-op is how much less food I use per lunch because so much is divided up between the three girls. So for this lunch I will list out just how much I used:

one carrot, peeled and cut into sticks
2 stalks of celery, cut into fourths and spread with a total of about 2 tbs peanut butter
A few raisins, it looks like 30 to me :)
1 half in thick slick of mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
1 container of vanilla yogurt spooned into 3 cups, with a few bites leftover for me
1 mexican tomato, diced
About a cup and a half of leftover spaghetti, sprinkeld with 3 tbs of parmesan
2 slices of canadian bacon cut up
3 small containers full of maybe 1/4 cup of chex mix
21 candy corns (more about that later)
And in the top of each bento, 1 graham cracker each

Weekly Bento, October 30th

Melody devoured every last tomato, most of the yogurt, but didn't really eat much of anything else. They'd had cake and ice cream for snack, and the kid doesn't each much anyway. And her friend shared a bag of chips with her. Oh, and she ate all the chex mix and graham cracker. The cheese was gross because, guess what? Candy corns melt and turn into goo that will spread everywhere. I kinda figured they would in the yogurt, but that is where they should have stayed, or in the top with the grahams! Whoops!

Liberty ate her yogurt and most of her spaghetti, all the chex mix for snack, and the grahams for lunch. She didn't really touch the veggies due to the aforementioned goo.

Ainsley didn't mind the goo and ate most everything.

Weekly Bento, October 30th

I packed myself a frozen chicken and rice bowl and a coke zero. That's what happens when the statue of liberty and Alice in Wonderland can't find the appropriate attire on their own!

0 comments:

Post a Comment