Who I am...

A mom who is trying to inspire creativity in her children, provide fun and nutritious meals that are out of the ordinary extraordinary, creating minimal waste and maximum taste in a little tiny space

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

just a little offshoot of my main blog to showcase our bento lunches and the bentos of others that I find especially remarkable or extremely tasty

October 23rd bento

Again with the bunny boxes, the girls just love these ones. And this was a quick to put together meal, mostly leftovers. I am getting faster every time, it seems. And when I plan ahead, its even quicker!

weekly bento

So each girl had leftover basmati rice in the bottom tier of their bento with a little container of soy sauce, steamed broccoli from the night before, ketchup in the little container, and meatballs from the freezer, from our last batch of meatballs. I just reheated the rice and the meatballs and broccoli in the microwave, super easy!

weekly bento

The top tier of the bento has a little tight-fitting lid, but it wasn't quite tight enough to keep all the juice from the fruit from getting to the graham crackers. Next time, I think I will put a little square of press n' seal over the fruit to help with the soggy crackers! The top tier had a graham cracker broken into squares, dices pears and mandarin oranges, and craisins, raisins, and cheerios. Nobody complained about the soggy crackers, but I noticed when I was eating lunch with the oldest.

For snack, they had spice cake cupcakes in little containers from the dollar tree. I forgot to make frosting the night before, but the spice cake was almost muffin-like and didn't really require the frosting, but it wouldn't have hurt to have an nice fresh cream cheese frosting! They also had juice and water, but I forgot to freeze the juices the night before. You can see that I wasn't quite on top of everything on Wednesday night!

weekly bento

Kevin had leftovers already at work, so he didn't get a bento. I had leftover beef potroast with potatoes and carrots and celery, and a cornbread muffin. It didn't look very appetizing cold, so I didn't take a picture :) But it was delicious! Nothing like potroast on a cold day. We also had our first snow of the season on Wednesday, so Thursday morning it was still quite chilly and there was still snow in the shady spots!

The meatballs are the biggest hit of the lunch once again, and the girls would like to make them again tonight! Next time I should remember the food picks, and a fork for myself :)

2 comments:

  1. Cheesy Mama said...
     

    Hope it's okay that I linked to you. I find many great ideas from the blogs and websites I have found. Yours and the other bento sites give me great inspiration for my three little squirts.

  2. Wendy said...
     

    Your bentos are so pretty!

Post a Comment