Who I am...

A mom who is trying to inspire creativity in her children, provide fun and nutritious meals that are out of the ordinary extraordinary, creating minimal waste and maximum taste in a little tiny space

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

just a little offshoot of my main blog to showcase our bento lunches and the bentos of others that I find especially remarkable or extremely tasty

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip Lunch

This week we had our first real field trip with COVA, our virtual academy, to a pumpkin patch about an hour away. I needed to pack a peanut and tree nut free lunch that would also keep well in the heat. I also had a flat of muffins from Costco that I wanted to use up. I was also running late, so I needed to be quick quick quick! And it was the day before grocery day, so we were low on staples, only two pieces of lunch meat left!

Weekly Bento, Oct 17

But we were going to the Happy Apple farm, so I knew apples were a necessity. And I used my new corer and slicer from the dollar bin at Target to quickly chop and apple, then I diced it up and put it into a bowl of water with a little lemon juice. While those soaked, I microwaved some chocolate caramel dip. While that cooked I cut two slices about 1/4 inch thick of monterey jack cheese and cubed the slices. I also quartered and cut up a giant chocolate muffin. Then I rolled and sliced the deli meat. Assembled the whole lunch, added a package of Hello Panda Cookies, and we were ready to go. Probably a little heavy on the chocolate, and I should have used a banana muffin instead of chocolate!

Weekly Bento, Oct 17

For myself, I had all the diced apple that wouldn't fit in their bentos, the last of the cheese, and a few pieces of pepperoni. I had a whole blueberry muffin which I ended up splitting with my friend. I also shared the apples with her kids. Something about walking around a hot pumpkin patch made me really un-hungry, but I still finished off my food.

Weekly Bento, Oct 17

The girls also had boxed chocolate soy milk, a rare treat! Apparently I was craving chocolate, as I just realized they had 4 different types of chocolate in their lunches! They ate all of their lunches, though my oldest I had to remind to actually eat her meat. Not the most balanced meal I have ever made, but not bad for a quickly-thrown-together-at-the-last-minute-with-no-groceries-or-peanuts meal. They still had protein and fruit, right? And Chocolate is one of the main food groups, I am sure of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment